Having grown from a small concern in 1989 when three mothers recognised the need for after school care in Hitchin, the Club now boast membership around 60 children and a waiting list is in place because demand is so high.
Hitchin Fun Club offer holiday time care and welcome general public members during the holidays also. Please see section ‘Holiday Club’ for more information. Various organised trips and outings, workshops, cooking sessions and entertainments are arranged in addition to the regular adult lead activities.
After school Club
Trained and friendly staff will collect children from school and offer a drink and fruit/veg on arrival. Hot and light snacks are available for a small fee between 3.45pm – 4.30pm. Weather permitting, children can enjoy indoor and outdoor games, daily projects, arts and crafts and board games. In the Holiday Club there are extra trips out and themed days (Please see Holiday Club section for further details)
- Registration forms must be completed in advance of attendance for us to complete the necessary formalities.
- Our setting is spacious as it has a large outdoor area (play ground) and a hall area for physical play.
- We also pride ourself of having an allotment where we can teach children how to grow veggies and look after them.
- Our equipment includes balls, hoops, skipping ropes, apparatus, mats and a table tennis table, scooters and much more.
- The setting also offers a quiet area with large beanie bags and books for a relaxing moment.
- Our dining has a set up table for arts & craft creations that can be taken home. There is a Lego table, play doh, board games and more.
Staff are qualified and caring and attend on-going training. Our Manager Davinia and Deputy Manager Clare are dedicated individuals and their aim is to keep fun club a safe, welcoming place for children to attend and enjoy lots of different types of play activities that supports their well-being and development.